Saturday, May 15, 2010

FEELING SHAME

Living in the shadows looking in
The stage of life is bleak and grim
Where masks are worn without a name
And actors hide to cover shame.

Whence did this awful play begin
Is this the prize from Eden's sin?
Must we now walk the shadow-lands
Like phantoms roam by ocean sands?

O wretched heart by memories cast
That seeks release from haunted past
What is the key to my release?
When from its grip can I find peace?

Ti's then the Curtain splits in two
A rugged Cross comes into view
The Stage Director takes His stand
With nail prints seen in feet and hand.

A radiant Light the prisoners see
The only hope to be set free
Then from the depth of guilt and shame
True freedom flows through Jesus' name.
--B. Pent

4 comments:

Tessa D. Silvas said...

Mr Pent!

Thank you for the comment you left! Your trip sounds like it was a lot of fun--I'll bet it was great to see all your family!

Are you enjoying the beautiful start of summer up there at Piatt? I can't wait to get up there and see my grandparents and swim in the lake! God is good!

I hope that you have been doing well, and that Mrs Pent and Cody are well also.

Does Mrs Pent really enjoy the Oswald Chambers Bible? Oh how I would like to see one of those! What makes it an Oswald Chambers Bible? Does it have his thoughts all through it?

I recently bought a John MacArthur study Bible, and am truly enjoying it to my utmost. It's an NASB, and Mr MacArthur's notes are great and very helpful!

Well, hoping you're having good weather and a delightful evening with Mrs Pent and Cody!

Many Blessings,
Buttons

Anonymous said...

Pastor Ben :)
Firstly, I'm terribly sorry that you lost your long comment on my blog for my sake as well as yours! Thank you for leaving one anyway - it brightened my day!
And yes, I'm back from my completely delightful visit of friends in Idaho - thank you. :)
WOW, you're quite the traveler! Was it fun? But kinda tiring and glad to be home? LOVE that feeling... that's when you look through the pictures and sigh happily. :)
Last but definitely not least, your poem: it's beautiful! And yet again it captured my heart right away. May I repost it on my blog sometime soonishly?
Love you too.

Benjamin A. Pent said...

Hannahlee. Any poem you want to post is just fine with me. I'm honored if you post it on your blog. Ben

Spafford said...

Dad, What a beautiful poem! You do a wonderful job of drawing a word picture of our sin and guilt of the past, but the hope we have because of our savior. We have so much to praise him for. Keep on writing, Dad.
Love, Connie