Monday, June 22, 2009

MY SPECIAL FRIEND

I'm thinking today
Of a friend that I love
It's a special gift
God gives from above
We walk hand in hand
And our hearts beat as one
As we share thoughts together
With laughter and fun.

Distance may keep us
From mystery's embrace
But no one can tear us
From loves special place
It's a secret that no one can share
No matter how lonely
I sense you are there
As my special friend.

If God should provide
A way to be near
So distance can't rob us
From moments of cheer
I'll ever be thankful
To walk with my friend
Through life's little moments
Way down to the end.

So quietly rest
In the Shepherd's embrace
And don't be discouraged
His plan is in place
I'll walk right beside you
I'll whisper your name
I love you, my dearest
My life's special friend.
--B. Pent

No comments: