Thursday, June 25, 2009

MY LOOKING WINDOW

I look out my window
And stare at the lake
A picture reminds me
You're waiting to take
A ride to an Island
That's built in the sky
And angels invite us
Where people don't die.

The clouds are unfolding
Like melting ice cream
With ripples of chocolate
And fuggy whipped cream
With silvery spoons
You're sitting with me
Forever together
Through eternity.

Oh why must we linger
And be far apart
When you have a piece
Of my lonely heart
The puzzle is simple
The mystery is clear
Come back to my Island
So we can be near.

I wait for your answer
In patience, my love
I pray for the day
When the Lord from above
Shortens the path
From your house to my home
Forever I promise
I'll never more roam.
--B. Pent

1 comment:

Charae Spafford said...

Papa...
We get the icecream with dark chocolate and coffee. OK? We'll have great big silver spoons and it'll be "me first, we share". :-)
No, actually the cloud will never run out and we'll have a never ending supply of dark chocolate and coffee. And you will have to run the espresso machine too. We can't have icecream without coffee.