Tuesday, June 16, 2009

A 12 YEAR MARRIAGE BREAKUP

Dear Ann Landers:
The letter from the woman whose husband dumped her after meeting an old classmate at their 20th high school reunion prompted me to write.
Eleven years ago, I walked out on a 12-year marriage. My wife was a good person, but for a long time she was under a lot of stress. Instead of helping her, I began an affair with her best friend. It was a disaster.
This is what I gave up:
1. Seeing my daughter grow up.
2. The respect of many longtime friends.
3. The enjoyment of living as a family.
4. A wife who was loyal, was appreciative and tried very hard
to make me happy.

This is what I got:
1. Two stepchildren who treated me like dirt.
2. A wife who didn't know how to make anything for dinner but reservations
3. A wife whose only interest in me was how much money she could get.
4. A wife who made disparaging remarks about my family and
ruined all my existing friendships.
5. Finally, the best thing I got was a bitter, expensive divorce.

Ann, tell your readers that anyone who is married and has his or her next mate all lined up is looking for trouble. People don't know what they are giving up until they no longer have it. Then it's too late.
Otis (Wisconsin)


2 comments:

Tessa D. Silvas said...

Hello Mr. Pent!

Is truly is such an awful thing when a marriage falls apart. It seems that God's will for a husband and wife to be one person is so far from what people want today! I'm so thankful for my parents, and how they have taught me what a godly marriage looks like. They've done this by simply living it out and by verbally teaching me and my brothers and sisters. God is good!

Grandma said that you we not able to look at my blog. Did you try typing in "www.homeschoolblogger.com/Button" into the Google bar? I made sure my blog wasn't blocked to people, so maybe it will work this time. :)

I hope you have a wonderful day!

Many blessings in Jesus!

In Christ Alone, Tessa

Benjamin A. Pent said...

Hi Tessa: Thanks for your note. Marriage patterned after hollywood has little chance of survival because it is mostly built on the physical & emotional. God's love is a self-giving love built on respect, mutual trust and a growing focus on Him and not self. You have that clearly modeled in your own home. You have a great heritage!
I tried several times to get into you blog but it doesn't let me. I'll try again.
In His love & mine, Ben