Saturday, June 13, 2009

OH DADDY! COME BACK HOME

The house seems so empty
Since you went away
You promised to help me
And come back to stay
But time has forgotten
I feel so alone
Oh daddy! Oh daddy!
Why don't you come home?

I thought you loved mommy
She cared about you
The struggles you're facing
Would strengthen you two.
But love's disappointments
Have torn you apart
Oh daddy! Oh daddy!
Come back to my heart.

I have only memories
To comfort my days
The tears keep on flowing
I live in a daze.
I wanted my daddy
To give me away
And walk down the isle
On my wedding day.

I pray every morning
That you will come back
And help heal the hurting
From bitterness past.
God's love will unite us
Restoring the flame
Oh daddy! Oh daddy!
There's hope in His name.
--B. Pent

1 comment:

K.R. Pent said...

Dad, this is beautiful!!!