Wednesday, June 3, 2009

COMFORT THROUGH PAIN

Today you walk
Life's path alone
And sorrow tempts
Your heart to fear
As shattered dreams
Drive faith from sight
And in the dark
You find no light.

God feels your pain
He knows your heart.
His Son went through
The Cross of shame
But by His grace
You can declare
He is the Path
Through life's despair.

God knows you're sad
He sees your tears
He rode the storm
Of life you face.
His promised love
Will never fail
He'll be the Wind
Behind your sail.

So trust Him now
To light your way.
The night will yield
A brighter day
He'll carry you
With gentle hand
So in His strength
Your faith will stand
--B. Pent

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow... that was beautiful - and close to my heart. So eloquently saying what every one feels and so truthfully stating what they must also know: God is your strength no matter the pain. Bless you, Pastor Ben! :)

Benjamin A. Pent said...

Thanks for your encouraging note! I wrote it the day before Connie Spafford lost her 12 week old baby not knowing it was also meant for her. She lost her baby June 2nd.God is sovereign & in control! We can trust Him!

Heather said...

That was beautiful Papa! :) I had no idea Connie had lost her baby-that is so heart breaking! :'( It really said a lot about what I have been feeling lately as well. But God is in control and can calm your fears if you ask. Thanks for sharing this. <3 I love you.

Heather

Tessa S. said...

Hello Mr. Pent!

My grandma (Fran Stowe) told me about your blog so I thought I'd come and take a look at it. I really enjoyed your last poem, and I'm sorry about the little baby--at least we can take comfort in knowing that it is safe in the arms of God. He is a loving Father!

Perhaps I'll get to meet you and Mrs. Pent when we are up there visiting this year!

I'll check back soon!

In Christ Alone, Tessa S.
www.homeschoolblogger.com/Button