Tuesday, October 20, 2009

THE BLOOD OF JESUS

I could see the blood of Jesus
Flowing from the cross for me.
I was bound in sin's dominion
But He died to set me free.

Once I sought for earthly treasures
In sin's blindness I couldn't see
That a priceless Gift was offered
That could cleanse and set me free.

Oh the pain He bore on Calvary
From His lips He spoke my name
"Please forgive this wandering sinner!"
Then He died to take my blame.

When I saw the God of Glory
Pouring out His life for me
I cried out in faith for mercy
Then He came and set me free.

Now I stand redeemed, forgiven
All the past is wiped away.
To the Lamb be all the glory
I am saved by grace today.
--B. Pent

3 comments:

Lynnae said...

Wow!!! You put so much feeling into your poems. I enjoy every one of them. Come to Washington and you can teach me how to write poetry well :)
In Christ,
Lynnae

Tessa D. Silvas said...

Hello Mr. Pent!

What a lovely poem! You should compile them in a book and get it published! God is so wonderful, isn't HE?! He's blessed each of us with so many talents that we should use for HIS glory! I've been encouraged in the way that your write poetry and put it on you blog! I can clearly tell that it's all for HIM!

Did Cody really come home shaved?

Because HE is Good, Tessa

Anonymous said...

that was awsome i loved it.
i am glad that He died kayleen &
cosette are getting Baptized.