Friday, June 9, 2017

DADDY! COME HOME!

The house seems so empty since you went away
You promised to call me and come back to stay
But time has forgotten, I feel so alone
Oh daddy! Oh daddy! Why don't you come home?

I thought you loved mommy she cared about you
The struggles you're facing seemed only a few
But love's disappointments had torn you apart
Oh daddy! Oh daddy! Come back to my heart!

I have only memories to comfort my days
The tears keep on flowing I live in a daze.
I wanted my daddy to give me away
And walk down the Isle on my wedding day.

I pray every morning that you will come back
And help heal the hurting from bitterness past.
God's love can unite us restoring the flame
Oh daddy! Oh daddy! Please call on His name.
B. Pent

3 comments:

Cosette V. Spafford said...

Another beautiful poem, Papa! Was there any particular story that inspired this one. It sad but very fitting for our day in age. I love you, Papa! Thanks for sharing!

Benjamin A. Pent said...

I didn't have one particular person in mind when I wrote this poem but with the absent of the father in so many homes, I could imagine the cry of our children for their dads which prompted me to write. I love you!

Anonymous said...

That was such a beautiful poem, Papa! I always love reading your poetry. The way you write poetry is very beautiful...you are definitely gifted with words. Would like to come for dinner tonight? Lynnae's making Minestrone Soup and we are having freshly baked sourdough bread. I will make sure to have the coffee all ready for when you come. I love you bunches, Papa!