Friday, September 5, 2014

HOME AT LAST!

The clock of time that filled my days
With gifts of pain combined with praise
Were heaven's thorns to lead my path
To where sweet flowers always last.

Paintings of birds and boats off shore
The home I've loved, I've traded for
The sounds and sights beyond compare
A place my Savior planned with care.

I heard the songs the angels sing
I felt the stirring of their wings
I wish you could have seen that sight
While heading Home; my upward flight!

I saw the lights within the Gate
The call to come! I could not wait!
For in the endless arms of grace
I felt a welcome to that Place.

The curse of death has been removed
All tears have ceased to flow today
Now in the presence of the King
I have no need for anything.
--B. Pent


1 comment:

K.R. Pent said...

Such a beautiful tribute to Marti, Dad! I'm so glad you could write it.