Monday, May 13, 2013

THE JUDGE'S VERDICT


Condemned! I stood before the Judge in fear
His gavel bringing silence to the Court
The sentence for the broken Law was given
In horror I fell prostrate to the floor.

I pled to have my case somehow commuted
For deeds of charity that I had done
Then tried to show my deep religious fervor
By all the accolades that I had won.

But when His blaze of Glory fell upon me
There was no scale to measure or compare
For sin polluted all my human nature
And only filthy rags as proof to wear.

Then suddenly the weight of hell engulfed me
I could not look upon His holy face
But from a broken heart I pled for mercy
And from His Throne there flowed redeeming grace.

The Judge stepped down and taking off His garments
The sinless Son of God in human flesh
Stood in my place before His Court of Justice
And paid the fullest price for all my sin.

In Christ alone there is no condemnation
Loves greatest sacrifice is all-complete
Praise floods my soul with love and adoration
And through the ages worship at His feet.
--B. Pent

No comments: