Friday, May 3, 2013

FREE AT LAST!

I was born in sin's dominion
Held a captive by the Foe
Prison bars were my companions
Dark and dreadful, full of woe.

Cruel the master that enslaved me
Fear became my dreaded chains
While the auctioneer gave orders

To be sold for piteous gains.

Then amidst the frenzied bidding
There appeared the Son of Man
With the highest price as payment
His own blood, redemption's plan.

Suddenly the doors swung open
As the fetters loosed their grip
I ran out and fell before Him
Freed from Satan's horrible pit.

Then He called me to His family
As a dear beloved son
Now by grace I stand forgiven
Through my Lord, the risen One.


Praises fill my inmost being
Once a captive now set free
Glorious is my Lord and Master
I am His eternally.
--B. Pent

1 comment:

Cosette V. Spafford said...

That's a gorgeous poem... a great picture of what we were like before and after we were freed form the bonds of sin! Thank you very much for sharing!!!