Wednesday, May 8, 2013

A TRIBUTE TO MY MOTHER


Reflections of love
Like ripples
In time
Reaching shore
Take me home.

I wind the clock
And memories
Wiping tears
In lullabies
Make me secure.

The dew of morning
Hanging helplessly
Flows together
In streams of grace
And youth is strong.

I see the old oak
Bent with time
As leaves begin to fall
Wrinkled
Spent
But firm.

Yesterday's hopes
Planted in springtime
Yield blooms
Of purpose
As harvest fruit.

While the graying
At sunset
Beckons her
To yonder Shore
This priceless gift
My mother.
--B. Pent

4 comments:

Cosette V. Spafford said...

That's a beautiful poem... It is very different from your normal style of poems writing, but I thought it was lovely!

Benjamin A. Pent said...

Yea! I don't usually write that way so you have to think through my mind of childhood, youth and then the influence of my mom on my life like bearing "fruit" and then she leaves for heaven's "shore." This was actually printed in the Beacon Magazine some 30 years ago. I love you, Coco!

Lynnae said...

Papa, that is so precious...wow, you do such a great job at expressing feelings :)

Kevin Pent said...

I like this poem, Dad! Poignant!