Tuesday, March 16, 2010

I HEARD HIS VOICE

I heard God's voice so clear at first
Its sound was full of cheer
I knew just what to do right then
His presence seemed so near.

Then other voices soon were heard
That questioned my intent
"Is this the only way to take
When others seem content?"

So then my heart began to stray
Confusion filled my breast
The Voice that once was loud and clear
Brought fear instead of rest.

But as I wandered in the night
My troubled heart was stirred
Then from the desert of my will
A knock was faintly heard.

My eyes with tears began to flow
Such love I couldn't resist
For when I opened wide the door
He walked me through the mist.

So now when troubles come my way
I heed the Shepherd's call
And gladly follow in His steps
As I surrender all.
--B. Pent

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love your poetry, it definitely speaks to my heart - thank you for that. This one in particular is how I've been feeling of late... feeling inspired and determined, but most of all called, again.
<3

K.R. Pent said...

Lovely picture of our struggle b/w the flesh and spirit, Dad.