Thursday, March 11, 2010

HEADING HOME

The wind of time blows through my life
As gentle breezes calm the soul
Though stormy clouds have marked my path
I'm heading to my Home at last!

I see the lights within the Gate
Its beauty far surpasses earth
For in the endless walls of grace
All those who trust will find their place.

So do not weep when angel's call
The invitation to the Feast
Has been sent out, I cannot wait
The family's standing at the Gate.

The curse of death will be removed
All tears will cease to flow that day
For in the presence of the King
I will not want for anything.

Then songs of praise will fill the air
Before the One upon His Throne
As all of earth and heaven proclaim
The glorious power of Jesus' Name.
--B. Pent

3 comments:

Charae Spafford said...

Papa, that is so beautiful! Just don't get too excited about going home yet. I want you to see my children someday. I love you so much and wish that I could give you a great big hug.

K.R. Pent said...

I like this if you're writing for someone else, but I don't like it for you yet, Dad. Let's all go together!

Anonymous said...

Beautiful...