Friday, September 11, 2009

LIFE'S ROAD

I've walked life's road for many years
At times I've faced life's bitter tears
I've seen the good which made me glad
I've known the wrong which made me sad.
But when I weighed each gain or loss
I sensed the conflict of the Cross.

But why should love and grace abound
When man enslaved by sin is found
Condemned! The verdict speaks my name
I stand to hear the Judge's blame.
But when He shows His nail pierced hand
I soon begin to understand.

When Satan stole man's right to win
A Lamb appeared to pay for sin.
He for- ordained the price be made
Redemption's blood for sin was paid.
And then the mystery was revealed
In Christ my full salvation sealed.
--B. Pent

3 comments:

Charae Spafford said...

Papa, that is a beautiful poem! I think your poetry gets more beautiful each poem you write. You capture very well the feelings of the human heart and the joyous assurance of our salvation in Christ. I love you so much!!

Lynnae said...

That is an awesome poem papa...I am going to have to get some tips from you :) I always enjoy hearing you newest poems. I miss you Papa.

Tessa D. Silvas said...

Hello Mr. Pent! Thank you SO much for the comment you left on my blog this morning......twas so very nice to hear from you! I hope your trip went well to lower Michigan. Did they fix what was wrong?

While we were driving through the Flint area I kept seeing names of towns that were "home" to me......it was kind of hard, but alas, God has us where He wants us!

I had such a wonderful time visiting Piatt Lake this year. It had been since October of '08, and in my opinion, that is too long! Swimming was great--that's something that we don't get to do down here. :( However, it makes it much more enjoyable to come up there and swim.

I really liked your poem......it sounded familiar (*grin*). I think that was one of my favorite parts of our visit--was when you read me what you had done of that poem. :) Poetry is a lovely thing, and I'm glad that I have a place where I can go to read it! The best part is that it's honoring to God!

Have a great day, Mr. Pent!

Christ's blessings! ~Tessa