Saturday, February 10, 2018

MY VALENTINE

When first I saw you pass my way
I could not help a second look
A sudden flush of ruby red
Filled every cell from neck to head.

Another day by chance I felt
When you brushed by me unaware
My heartbeat then began to race
Like falling stars too fast to trace.

One day the wind blew through your hair
Did you not sense my casual stare?
Or were your thoughts on nobler things
Not near to where my joy begins?

Then one day when I met your eyes
The breath of love swept over me
I tried to give a faint hello
But words would not allow it so.

Then Providence brought you my way
It was like coming home to stay
I felt your tender touch of love
Like springtime cooings of a dove.

When cupid's arrow found its mark
I soon began to fall apart
This was no dream I knew that day
You were the prize God sent my way..

Now like a harvest field of grain
We dance like lovers in the rain
For joy that binds two hearts as one
Can never stop a race that's won!
Ben Pent


No comments: