Tuesday, January 16, 2018

HEART-FELT WORSHIP

Teach me Lord, to freely worship
From a pure and contrite heart
So the radiance of Your glory
May fill every yielded part.

Bowing in your holy presence
Lord, I long to see your face
So each worldly thought that hinders
May find cleansing by Your grace.

You have purchased my salvation
Through the blood once shed for me
Let me not forget the wonder
Of the cross that set me free.

Holy is the ground I stand on
Lifting hands I bring You praise
May the gift of heart-felt worship
Crown Your name through endless days.
Ben Pent

3 comments:

Cosette V. Spafford said...

I love it, Papa!! Beautiful!

Lynnae said...

Lovely poem, Papa! I think that one should have music put to it :) It just seems like one that you should be able to sing ;)

Benjamin A. Pent said...

Thank you, Lynnae. Somewhere in the Body of Christ there is a musician that I am praying will find some of these poems and help get them into church worship songs for the praise of God's glory.