Tuesday, May 2, 2017

JUST ONE MORE VISIT

It seems like only yesterday
We shared our last goodbyes
I thought I heard your voice today
Which caught me by surprise!

I knew when Jesus took you Home
He felt your work was done
But how I wish just one more chance
To share some family fun.

I miss the wisdom of your words
Those tender moments shared
The love and laughter we enjoyed
The knowledge that you cared.

If God should let you come just once
To touch my longing heart
One quick embrace would let me feel
We're never far apart.
B. Pent

2 comments:

Cosette V. Spafford said...

How beautiful, Papa. That poem really touched me! Wow! Did you have any one in mind when you wrote it?

Anonymous said...

Beautiful poem, Papa! You have such a gift with poetry. I miss you and Nana lots. I wish that you were with me right now. I had such a wonderful time with you both. I love you so much!