Tuesday, March 15, 2016

FREE AT LAST

Once I lived for earthly pleasures
By sin's blindness I was bound
Chained by guilt & things they offered
Only darkness hung around.

Then I heard that Jesus loved me
That He came to set me free
And His death for my redemption
Was the price for you and me.

Oh the pain He bore on Calvary!
From His lips He spoke my name
"Please forgive this guilty sinner!"
Then He died to take my blame.

When I saw the God of Glory
Pouring out His life for me
I cried out in faith for mercy
Then He came and set me free.

Now I stand redeemed, forgiven
All the past is wiped away.
To the Lamb be all the glory
I am saved by grace today!
--B. Pent 

1 comment:

Cosette V. Spafford said...

That was beautiful, Papa! Isn't God's grace amazing? That he would save a wretched, undeserving sinner such as I, who, if given the choice of salvation, would have quickly rejected it. But His grace is greater!