Friday, February 27, 2015

MY QUIET TIME

I'm overwhelmed this quiet time
I find it hard to comprehend
That He Who formed the universe
Should stoop to be my special Friend

The angels round His throne may sing
Proclaiming glory to the King
But when redemption's work was done
He claimed me as His blood-bought son.

The message of this love proclaims:
The door of Grace is open wide!”
All those who come in Jesus' name
Are called to be His chosen Bride.

But why should He have chosen me
A hopeless slave of sin and shame
I cannot understand such grace
But praise and magnify His name.

So while I'm sitting here alone
I bow in worship and in praise
To Him who sits in heaven's throne
Both now and through eternal days.

--B. Pent

2 comments:

K.R. Pent said...

Well put, Dad! I've felt this way, especially when I read Scripture about how distant people had to be from God's holiness or I think of many who don't know Him — why me! It's also a good reminder for times my requests are robotic and more in line with asking a genie for wishes than a prayer.

Benjamin A. Pent said...

As you know, Peter's denial during the trial of Jesus was the inspiration for this poem. Of course, I too have been caught in the same trap! But the look of His love and grace brings repentance, reinstatement and fellowship. What an awesome Lord we serve!