Sunday, April 7, 2013

WHY END IT ALL?

I wander through my life alone
I try to figure who I am
My head is spinning out in space
As demons dance before my face.

I take my gun to play roulette
The bullets lie inside their case
A lingering thought darts through my brain
“One little shell and no more pain!”

The darkened mysteries of my past
My family’s thought to shred my birth
A mom and dad who did not care
And foster homes I could not bare.

If drugs and sex could satisfy
There would be reason to go on
But broken dreams and night time bars
Are little comfort for these scars.

And then one night when I was high
While troubled spirits passed my way
My mind began to float in space
That mantra prayers could not erase.

So this is not the end, I mused?
While floating back into my mind,
Then guilt and fear tore me apart
As I poured out my broken heart.

I read the Letter God wrote down
That Jesus came to set me free
With love I never felt before...
A love-filled home and so much more!

So on my knees I raised my voice
Inviting Christ to be my choice
For that is why the Savior came
To set us free from sin and shame.
--B. Pent

No comments: