Wednesday, April 3, 2013

RUNNING ON EMPTY?


Why does my heart seem so empty
Even when life looks so good?
Why does the mist in my spirit
Take such control of my mood?

Is it perchance I am searching
For phantoms just out of my reach
For something to fill up a longing
That no one in this life can breach?

The pot at the end of my rainbow
Seems always to vanish away
Each time that I reach for a nugget
I find nothing coming my way!

Then a small voice seems to whisper
Like the sound from a morning dove
Nothing compares with the offer
Of God’s indescribable love!”

So next time I find my heart empty
For something to fill up that space
I’ll go to the One Who has promised
To give me His fullness and grace.
--B. Pent

2 comments:

Lynnae said...

Well Papa, my heart has an empty space right now, but it's for a different reason...you're not here :) I can't wait to see you...and share a cup of morning coffee :)

Benjamin A. Pent said...

Only two weeks! Looking forward to being with you. Hopefully we can stay for two months! But then, I wouldn't want to be kicked out of the house!!