Sunday, November 15, 2009

LET ME CRY ON YOUR SHOULDER

Loneliness met me this morning
Life seemed so empty and gray
Time came along to torment me
Leaving me helpless all day.

I was afraid to go further
Walking this valley alone
Fear and despair, my companions
Seeking for grace to atone.

Then I called out in my anguish
Out of the depth of despair:
"Is there a hand that can rescue
Will you come answer my prayer?"

Please let me cry on your shoulder
Help drive this darkness away
Then I shall stand in the sunlight
Knowing real joy for the day.
--B. Pent

4 comments:

Charae Spafford said...

Oh, Papa, that is a wonderful poem. You should put that one to music; it sounds like it should be sung. What a blessing your poetry is, Papa. Your understanding of human emotions and struggles must come from much experience. No doubt being a pastor has given you a lot of opportunity to observe.
I love you so much and am keeping you in my prayers!

Cosette V. Spafford said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Anonymous said...

THAT IS SO NICE I HAVE SOMTHING
JUST FOR YOU
IT IS HAPPY TO BE IN HEAVEN WITH GOD.
---------------------------------
IT IS HAPPY IN
HEAVEN NO SADNESS
NO HUNGER & NO THIRST

SO THERE IS
ONLY ONE GOD
HIS SON DIED
TO SAVE US


SO IF YOU TRUST GOD AS YOUR SAVIER
YOU WILL GO TO HEAVN

SO I HOPE I CAN SEE GOD
FACE TO FACE .
A. L. S. S.

K.R. Pent said...

Yes