Saturday, March 28, 2009

JUST A MOMENT!

A moment here, a moment there
Our lives are lived with minutes here.
We plan and live like time won't end
But do not see beyond the bend.

Youth has its moments in the sun
It has no time to stop and think.
The path seems filled with endless days
It speeds ahead amid the maze.

The family finds a place to roam
Where children have a happy home.
But soon the nest is hallow space
As life moves quickly through the race.

The aged note the falling leaves
Amid the winter blowing breeze.
The clock of time begins to show
How soon life ends before we know.

Then comes the time in life we fear
When loved ones gather with a tear.
And say goodbye with heavy heart
A life so quickly torn apart

So while I have this moment here
Before eternities appear.
Help me not run the race in vain
But hear "well done" the prize to gain.
--B. Pent

3 comments:

Mike Pent said...

Dad,

I like this poem. I wish I had it last week as we studied Miriam and Aaron dying, Aaron and Moses disobeying and the importance of running the race well while there is yet time.

I like your poetry.
Mike.

Anonymous said...

hey papa i l love the poems you
read to me . thank you for
reading them to me.
Love
in Christ your Granddaghter

Anonymous said...

hey Papa I love you soooooooo
Much that i will take your
car keys. so you can't leave


Love in christ your Granddaghter