Friday, January 16, 2015

THE CROSS APPEARED!

While meditating on the Cross
I could not help but bow in awe
That God Who flung the world in space
Would offer man redeeming grace.

The Cross where death and hell were crushed
Amidst the cries of terrible pain
With nails that pierced His hands and feet
Brought peace above the Mercy Seat.

The Father sent His only Son
The perfect sinless Lamb of God
Fulfilling every promise made
So man's redemption could be paid.

Atonement made through blood of rams
Could only cover what was past
Christ's blood removes the curse of sin
When we invite Him to come in.

Then in Communion He declares
His flesh the Bread, His blood the Wine
So in remembrance we can show
A cleansed-filled life down here below.

--B. Pent

2 comments:

Lynnae said...

As always, Papa, you did an amazing job proclaiming the message of the cross!

Cosette V. Spafford said...

Oh Papa, that was beautiful! Sometimes I stand in awe wondering "why was I chosen? Why did he die for me?" And though I don't fully understand it, I will always praise my Savior for his grace! Thank you for another lovely poem, Papa.