Sunday, March 9, 2014

ONE LIFE TO LIVE

As we reflect on how our lives are spent
How golden years like mist soon disappear
The talents given us as gifts to serve
Were meant to lift man’s burdens and give cheer.

The footprints left along the shores of time
With youthful hopes like castles in the sand
If unfulfilled – are only empty dreams
Without true purpose placed within our hand.

So transient is our pilgrimage below
And God has given limits to our days
A second chance is not within our grasp
Since deeds of love are ours to bring Him praise.

Review your life before the Reaper calls
Don't let regrets enslave you to the past
Live daily with eternity in view
For faithful service done for Christ will last.
--B. Pent


2 comments:

Lynnae said...

You did a great job with this poem Papa. Thank you for the Pre-blog preview :) Can't wait to see you in just a month!!!

Charae Spafford said...

Papa,

That was a beautiful poem, the thoughts were so beautifully expressed. I have often thought on those very things. Life seems so short in light of eternity. One of my greatest fears is that I will reach the end of the earthly time given me only to realize I have accomplished nothing of eternal value. The greatness of Christ's sacrifice and the magnitude of the lost world dying without Him seem so great and my efforts are so feeble in comparison.

I love you, Papa!