Tuesday, June 25, 2013

MY QUIET TIME

I 'm overwhelmed this quiet time
I find it hard to comprehend
That He Who formed the universe
Should stoop to be my Special Friend

The angels round His throne may sing
Proclaiming glory to the King
But when redemption's work was done
He claimed me as His chosen son.

The message of His love proclaims:
The door of Grace is open wide!”
And all who come in Jesus' name
Are called to be His special Bride.

But why should He have chosen me
A hopeless slave of sin and shame
I cannot understand such grace
But praise and magnify His name.

So while I'm sitting here alone
I bow in worship and in praise
To Him who sits in heaven's throne
Both now and through eternal days.
--B. Pent

3 comments:

Cosette V. Spafford said...

That's beautiful. I have often tried to comprehend the same thing... "Why me?"... IT' amazing to think I was saved,for nothing i did.... it was just his awesome plan!

Benjamin A. Pent said...

It's all of GRACE isn't it? Hard to understand but by faith we accept His free gift of eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord. Thanks for your encouragement. I love you!

Cosette V. Spafford said...

I love you, too, Papa. Thanks again for sharing.