Wednesday, April 13, 2011

HALLELUJAH! HE IS RISEN!

Night had settled in Judea

Death had claimed the crucified

But the stone rent from its mooring

Where the Son of God was held.


Soldiers kept a careful vigil

Pilate's seal could not be torn

But the power of God descended

On that early Easter morn.


Jesus rose the mighty victor

Death no longer held its prey

Captive souls once held in bondage

Were released on Easter day.


Saints and angels join the chorus

Christ has risen from the dead

Heaven echoes back the story

He has risen as He said.


Chorus

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

Christ is risen from the dead

Hallelujah! Hallelujah!

He has risen as He said.

--B. Pent

4 comments:

Leisel Spafford said...

Hallelujah!!

Papa,your poems/songs always give me the chills! They make me want shout for joy, because of the wonderful Savior that is ours!

I love you!

~Leisel~

Benjamin A. Pent said...

Thanks Leisel!!! You are such an encouragement...I love you

Lynnae said...

Papa, That is so beautiful!!! Your poems truly bring praise to God!!! I wish I could write like that :) Are you going to have music put to that?
I love you!!!
Your Lynnae

Anonymous said...

Papa That was good I always think your poems are good. I can't wait till I can see you In Heave and sing With all
The saints and angels in chorus. I will never have allergies to Ice cream.
We can just have as much Ice cream as
we want. It will be wonderful up there. We can wander all we want on the clouds without getting lost and without the angels checking on us to make sure we do not get into trouble.
I can just thank the Lord that you have a mind for poems that praise the Lord

Your favorite
grandchild
Annalise
p.s that was a joke I just did not want you to take it seriously!