Sunday, October 24, 2010

I HAD A DREAM

I dreamed of you last night
I can't explain how scenes unfold
It was a strange mysterious sight
Like chasing phantoms through the night.

Your shadow passed my misty view
I tried to follow close behind
But soon your presence left my gaze
Like howling winds on fire's blaze.

By chance I heard the enchanter's voice
Who told where love and beauty hide
I followed hard to find its lair
With longing heart to find you there.

But dreams are only waking thoughts
When sunlight meets the dawn
Subconscious scenes proclaim their worth
Like movie pictures giving birth.

Yet if I fall asleep tonight
With shadows passing near my bed
I'll take a closer look for you
And pray to have my dream come true.
--B. Pent

3 comments:

K.R. Pent said...

I really like the flow and imagery, Dad!

Also, love the fall leaves picture! Good job putting that up. :-)

Lynnae said...

That is so beautiful, Papa!!!
I'd like to know who it was that you were dreaming about :) I miss you so much. I am still praying that March 1st will work....That would be the best dream in the world!!!!

renewd42 said...

O how I love this! I too, love to write and write poetry! Love to read it too! So beautiful, great imagery!! Thanks for sharing! Stop by my blog and feel free to join me there! love to have you along! prayers and blessings! Lisa