Wednesday, June 23, 2010

FEELING BETRAYED

I'm torn apart, so full of pain
Its arrows shatter all my dreams
My heart is filled with bitter shame
I feel betrayed while given blame.

The anger that disturbs my rest
Has made all trust a distant friend
And like a ship that's lost at sea
Its waves are crashing down on me.

Why did this jagged cross appear
Inflicting so much pain and tears?
Is this the price that I must pay
For following Jesus every day?

Tis then I hear the Shepherd's voice
While clinging to His nail-scared hands
"It is My cross you're called to bear
It is My love you're called to share."

So from the ashes of my grief
The Potter forms a vessel rare
And yielding to His will I find
The Treasure that He has in mind.
--B. Pent

1 comment:

Tessa D. Silvas said...

Hello Mr. Pent,

I'm at a friends house right now, and I decided to check up on things in the blogging world. I had a few minutes, so I thought I'd stop over here...

This poem is wonderfully beautiful. Thank you so much for writing it. It certainly echos the feelings and thoughts that so often invade my mind. I'm going to copy it down when I get home and keep it in my Bible.

Thank you for your prayers, Mr. Pent. God has certainly surrounded us with wonderful people which He has been using for His glory.

May He be honored thu this!

In Christ, Tessa