Thursday, April 8, 2010

FEELING PAIN

The scent of roses filled the air
It bid me come its fragrance smell
Yet there were thorns that spoke of pain
While taking hold its jagged main.

Twas then I thought of my distress
Of broken dreams and loneliness
The heavy cross I had to bear
With little hope someone would care.

I didn't know why this crushing blow
Became my special guest below
This cup of grief I did not ask
As God's appointment for my task.

But then, a crown of thorns appeared
With visions of His pain to show
That by the crushing on His cross
His stripes and wounds would heal the lost.

So then I bowed in grateful praise
That through my crucible of pain
The sweet aroma from above
Can help those hurting find God's love.
--B. Pent

4 comments:

Mike Pent said...

I like this one Dad. Great description of how I sometimes feel before assessing reality in light of God's will and Christ's suffering. Thanks for sharing this.

Anonymous said...

Very lovely... I know I feel that way sometimes. Thanks for writing these! :) Thanks for the comments on my blog as well. <3

Charae Spafford said...

This is beautiful, Dad. It's so easy to think life should be full of ease and without struggle or pain. It reminds me of the song "Am I A Soldier of the Cross". Charae is right...your poems just get more beautiful! I love you, Dad.

Connie

P.S. I am signed under Charae's account...If you didn't notice :)

Anonymous said...

Papa that was beatuful I loved it
I am sorry that I have not coght up
with your posts I love them all
some are breathtaking I wish you
could come up for the whole summer
that would be fun I would love that
our cousin Chris is sataying for
ten days. that is going to be fun
we could restle with him
as we usaly do when he s here
and we could do the same with you to I donn't mean retle with yoo
play Red light green light
and hide and go seek!!!!!
Annie