Tuesday, January 26, 2010

JESUS' CRY TO THE FATHER

My God! My God! Why hast thou forsaken Me
I walked so close before Thee
But now Thy face in darkness hides
My broken heart I lift to Thee.

My God! My God! The agony of death is near
The mocking throngs surround Me
I am a worm, the Man of sorrows
My nail-pierced hands I raise to Thee.

My God! My God! This cup of death I offer Thee
My strength is drained within
But if Thy wrath for sin be quelled
My precious blood I offer Thee.

My God! My God! I lay Me in the dust of death
The weight of sin has bound Me
But if the Serpent's head be crushed
A ransom throng will come to Thee
--B. Pent

2 comments:

K.R. Pent said...

Dad, does this have music to it too? I'd love to hear it!

Anonymous said...

that is beautiful papa i loved that
poem!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!