Tuesday, May 5, 2009

HE RANSOMED ME

Once I was lost
In darkness bound
Through grace in Christ
New life I found
The sting of death
For me was paid
The greatest price
For sin was made.

New glory shines
In every part
Since Christ my Lord
Came in my heart
The blackest sin
The darkest night
Has blown away
Before His sight.

Now grace divine
In every task
Fills all the need
For which I ask
Since I have found
This Lord of love
I'll gladly serve
This God above.

CHORUS
How glad I am
My sin was paid
How glad I am
A Ransom made
Oh what a song
I now can sing
Happy and free
Redeemed from sin
--B.Pent

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You're welcome for the comment, Pastor Ben - I see that you've posted another wonderful poem, but there's a chorus so it's more of a song form this time. Very lovely!
Thank you, all prayers for my brother - his name is Peter - are greatly appreciate. At the moment it looks like he won't be deploying with his unit right away, Praise God! But that doesn't mean he won't ever be deployed - being a Marine makes that certain - so prayers are still appreciated.
Ah, I missed church and you all, too! I'm afraid I just don't feel well enough sometimes. When I received your comment saying you'd be there today though I planned on it all week, but it just didn't work out, gah. I hope it was a blessing and that you and your wife have safe travels home.
Love, Hannah