Tuesday, January 6, 2009

I'VE TOUCHED THOSE SCARS!

His tender voice
I heard one day,
"Forgive them, Father!"
Was His plea.
I turned to look,
He spoke my name.
Upon the cross
He placed my blame.

I touched the scars
Those nails had torn.
I felt the healing
In His voice.
And then my spirit
Was set free,
Since by His grace
I made that choice.

My faith has found
A resting place.
The Rock of Ages
Is my hope.
His arms of love
Will lead I know,
Through every test
Of life below.

Beyond the tomb
The Spirit's power
With life infilling
Every part,
Consumes the dross
The flesh has made,
And through the cross
His name is praised.
--B. Pent

2 comments:

Leisel Spafford said...

Papa....That is beautiful!!!
I absolutely love it!! You should really be publishing these! (Then the world would know how great a poet my Papa is :)

Charae Spafford said...

Papa, that is very well written!! You really should put your poems and songs together into some sort of book. What you write is both profound and yet easy to understand. You really have a God given gift for communication.